Terms and Conditions of Access to @cal for administrative staff users
The @cal Online Alumni Community is a service provided by the University of California, Berkeley, in partnership with the California Alumni Association. @cal helps current and future alumni maintain their connection to one another, and helps the University maintain its lifelong relationship with its alumni.
The secure areas of the community are accessible only to members of the UC Berkeley community as follows: degree holders, attendees, members of the California Alumni Association, and other authorized users, including administrative staff users.
Access to @cal for staff will be granted only to those who have a need to work with the data for alumni relations and development programs business.
The @cal data is confidential and is part of the Cal Advancement Data System (CADS). It must be used in accordance with State and Federal Confidentiality statutes. Therefore, confidential information may not be released to any individual or entity, including campus personnel working outside of the fundraising environment, unless they are properly authorized by University Development & Alumni Relations or unless the Chancellor authorizes its release.
As a University representative, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the information maintained in the @cal alumni online community. Your responsibility includes verbal, written, and electronic communication.
- I agree to maintain the confidentiality of all information maintained in @cal.
- I agree to use @cal information for UCB work-related purposes only.
- I agree to shred and properly dispose of all printed output.
- I agree to make sure to erase any electronic files I download to my desktop, diskettes, or servers.
- I agree never to share my login information with another person or to use the access rights of someone else to access @cal.
- I agree to notify Advancement Information Management (AIM) when I leave my current position, or if my @cal access rights should be changed due to a change in my job duties. To update AIM contact: http://ursa.berkeley.edu
- I have read and agree to adhere to the University of California at Berkeley Solicitation Policy.
- I have read and agree to adhere to the Computer Use Policy.
- I have read and agree to adhere to the E-Berkeley Policies and Guidelines.
- I have read and agree to adhere to the University of California Electronic Communications Policy.
- I have read and agree to adhere to the Electronic Mass Mailings Policy.
- I understand that misuse of @cal information, attempts to use this system in an unauthorized manner, or failure to adhere to the above policies may result in loss of access to @cal and prosecution under applicable statutes.
Only licensed Convio customers are permitted to log in to this system. Unauthorized access and/or conduct is strictly prohibited.